HVAC Near Me in Avondale - American Home Heating

Proudly servicing chicagoland since 1962

Chicagoland’s Quality Heating Contractor

FAQs About Conventional HVAC Systems

If you’re online looking for HVAC service near me in Avondale, American Home Heating is the company to call. Our expert technicians can be trusted to keep your HVAC system properly serviced and operating to its maximum capacity for years to come.

Based on the service we’ve provided since 1962, we know that an HVAC system is complex, and dozens of things can go wrong. Understanding a few things about your system helps you know when to call for professional help or when all it needs is a little DIY care from you.

Is Routine Maintenance Important?

Many studies have shown that professionally maintained HVAC systems have fewer mechanical failures, cost less to operate and last longer. We recommend inspection and maintenance at least twice a year, in the spring and fall.

How Important Are Air Filters?

They’re extremely important, and they’re often the reason we’re called to provide service. Dirty filters restrict air flow through the ductwork and make your system work harder, kind of like driving with one foot on the brake and one on the accelerator. This raises your energy bill and may damage your system beyond repair.

We recommend changing your filters every 90 days, a simple DIY that can save thousands in energy bills or the repair or replacement of your system.

What’s a SEER rating?

Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratios indicate how efficiently an air conditioner will operate during the summer months. A higher SEER ratio means higher efficiency.

What’s an AFUE Rating?

AFUE stands for Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency. This rating measures the amount of heat a furnace produces compared to the amount of fuel consumed. For example, a furnace with an AFUE rating of 93 means that 93% of the fuel it consumes will be converted to heat, and the remaining 7% will be lost to venting.

How Long Should My HVAC System Last?

An excellent question but one that’s hard to answer, given the many variables involved. Things like poor maintenance, oversizing or undersizing of the system and improper installation can limit the life span of your system. But if it’s the right size, properly installed and professionally maintained, it should last a good 15-25 years.

We hope you find these answers helpful, and the next time you need HVAC service in Avondale, we hope American Home Heating will be the first company you call.